1.08.2010

White Blankets, Green Blankets

Brrr! It’s cold here in Northeastern Colorado. There’s snow on the ground, the land is locked in white. The skies are clear, however, which means that despite the negative Celsius reading on the thermometer, the bright sunshine will melt said snow.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the snow, especially when it’s still fluffy and delicate as it perches on a tree branch. Seeing tracks of bunnies and birds also reminds me that despite being out in the country, I’m not alone and isolated. There’s wildlife out there, even if it doesn’t linger in one spot much.

Still, I’m looking forward to the arrival of spring, when I can open the windows and hear the birdsong and feel the renewing breezes. Despite my favorite holiday (Halloween) occurring in autumn, I think spring is my favorite time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!